Every year, WACD recognizes special accomplishments by individuals in natural resource conservation at the WACD Annual Conference. Nominations can be made anyone. If you have questions, please contact either Awards Committee Chair Amy McKay or Lori McLaughlin.
More information and the nominations forms are available for download at this link (2019 WACD Awards Program) All entries must be submitted by November 1.
If you are unfamiliar with the annual awards, there are the categories open for nomination.
- Eugene Schloz Outstanding Supervisor Award
- Wayne Reid “Young Tiger” Award – A supervisor or associate supervisor with six years or less who has made an extraordinary effort to assist their district to meet its goals in a short period of time.
- Wildlife Farmer of the Year Award – A cooperator actively engaged in farming, ranching or forestry on over 50 Acres.
- Wildlife Steward of the Year – A cooperator actively engaged in farming, ranching or forestry on less than 50 Acres.
- Conservation District/Tribal Partnership Award – A successful CD-tribal partnership that demonstrates successful regional conservation.
- Special Service Award– For anyone who has provided assistance on a CD-sponsored project and has made an outstanding achievement and contribution in the field of conservation.
- Vim Wright “Building Bridges” Award – A person within the arena of conservation working to foster understanding, partnership, and greater conservation through collaboration.
- Conservation Educator of the Year award