Every year, WACD recognizes special accomplishments by individuals in natural resource conservation in recognition of the outstanding work accomplished by those in our community. Nominations can be made by anyone, and usually take only a few minutes to write.
More information and the 2020 nominations forms are available at this link – 2020 WACD Awards Program
If you are unfamiliar with the annual awards, there are the categories open for nomination.
- Eugene Schloz Outstanding Supervisor Award – An active district supervisor or associate supervisor who made an especially valuable contribution to district conservation programs or to the state conservation movement.
- Wayne Reid “Young Tiger” Award – A supervisor or associate supervisor with six years or less who has made an extraordinary effort to assist their district to meet its goals in a short period of time.
- Wildlife Farmer of the Year Award – A cooperator actively engaged in farming, ranching or forestry on over 50 Acres.
- Wildlife Steward of the Year – A cooperator actively engaged in farming, ranching or forestry on less than 50 Acres.
- Conservation District/Tribal Partnership Award – A successful CD-tribal partnership that demonstrates successful regional conservation.
- Special Service Award– For anyone who has provided assistance on a CD-sponsored project and has made an outstanding achievement and contribution in the field of conservation.
- Vim Wright “Building Bridges” Award – A person within the arena of conservation working to foster understanding, partnership, and greater conservation through collaboration.
- Conservation Educator of the Year award
- Conservation District of the Year