Multi-County Riparian Technician
Closing Date: All materials must be submitted to the District no later than 4:30 PM on June 5, 2020.
Position: The Multi-County Riparian Technician is a limited duration (1.5 years), full-time, at-will non-exempt position. The position is dependent on grant funding dedicated to the establishment of riparian buffers in Clackamas, Yamhill, and Marion Counties.
The primary work station will be located in Beavercreek, Oregon. The Multi-County Riparian Technician will work with landowners in Clackamas, Yamhill, and Marion Counties to primarily promote, enroll, establish, and monitor riparian buffers under the USDA Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP).
The minimum qualifications for the Multi-County Riparian Technician are:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in forestry, soil science, environmental science, natural resource management, or a related science, or three years of comparable experience working for a natural resource-related organization, agency, or business; and
- Experience collecting field data and maintaining field notes; and
- Good oral and written communication skills; and
- A demonstrated proficiency using personal computers; and
- Strong project management skills; and
- A demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office and ESRI ArcGIS; and
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
A Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Planner Certification is highly desired but not required.
Wages and Benefits: The District offers a competitive wage and benefits package. The wage for the Multi-County Riparian Technician position is $23.50 per hour
How to Apply: Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and a completed District application form. All application materials are available on our website at http://conservationdistrict.org or call the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District office at 503-210-6000. We will accept electronic or regular mailed submissions only. No Faxes will be accepted. Applications must be received by June 5, 2020.
Submit your application materials to:
Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District
ATTN: Hiring Team
PO Box 830
Beavercreek, OR 97004
The Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the District. The District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.